Friday, December 19, 2008

In defense of smile and dial

Jeremy Pepper: In defence of Lois Whitman
But, I'm here to defend Lois - not necessarily because I think she deserves to be defended, but because PR people are missing the bigger issue. It's another typical attack on PR, and not necessarily warranted.


Online public shaming is just too easy. It can easily descend to the level of cyber bullying. It is just a question of time before this happens to all of us. Sooner or later we are going to offend someone who wants to make themselves look big at our expense.

I have rarely placed a story without making phone calls; so I keep making them. I hope I pitch them to the relevant reporter, but seriously, without a beat list it is not always clear which reporter should get the story.

Note to reporters and editors - why you should read that boring press release.

No comments: