Saturday, April 30, 2005

How not to pitch a blogger

John's scrapbook

How many PR firms are ordering bloggers around?

After mailing me a review copy of Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room, the PR shop pushing this film, Special Ops Media, repeatedly nagged me to inform them (along with other bloggers, see postscript) "asap" as to when I am going to review it, and when I am going to tell them about my plans to review it:

John - This is just a reminder that your review of the film needs to be posted this week or next (before April 21).

John -- let me know what is going on with this asap

John -- I made it clear from the outset when the review needed to be posted (see the emails below).


It isn’t their job to hype your client, it is your job to explain why their readers would be interested. Sheesh.

No comments: