Thursday, May 05, 2005

Rave review of Nearson’s antenna

Gadget Madness gives my client’s antenna a rave review.

Review: Nearson 7-dBi 2.4 GHz Wireless Antennas

I immediately noticed that wireless performance was significantly increased using the Nearson antenna on my Linksys WET-11 wireless bridge. I use the WET-11 for wireless gaming on my PS2 and my router is on the far side of the...um...underground base, that's it. Before installing the Nearson antenna, I would get occasional lost packets and lag. Now the connection is strong, and I don't get random lag while sniping in SOCOM II. Link quality is improved, my packet loss is eliminated and throughput is much better than it was. (I confirmed this by loading up Netstumbler and measuring signal strength both with and without the Nearson.)


The best work in technology is being done by the small companies

Edit-
Technology Bytes comments.

No comments: