Monday, July 17, 2006

DC area agile user group

I assumed there was an agile user group in the area, but never heard of one. It seems there is and a member put their meeting announcement on the NoVaJUG discussion list.

DC APLN on July 17 - How to Build Agile Across an Enterprise

There is a huge debate in software about the proper approach to process improvement (although I once saw Shawn Presson give a presentation on how this was a non-debate debate). As someone who doesn't write code it is hard for me to comment on the merits of the debate, except this sort of thing is too important to leave to engineers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have had experience rolling agile out across the enterprise. Specifically, a scrum based approach. Lately, my focus has been more on the basics of well-formed-teams. That works at all levels in the organization.

If the group is interested, I will deliver a free seminar / round table talk about my experience Nov. 26-27, 2007 you can catch me during the day at ScrumMaster Training

Alice said...

I don't know anything about the group beyond what I have published here.