Monday, October 10, 2005

On Web design

Jim Horton points to Jakob Neilson’s excellent page on common problems with web design. It appears Brother Murphy’s anti-flash message has not gotten through:

I view it as a personal failure that Flash collected the bronze medal for annoyance. It's been three years since I launched a major effort to remedy Flash problems and published the guidelines for using Flash appropriately . When I spoke at the main Flash developer conference, almost everybody agreed that past excesses should be abandoned and that Flash's future was in providing useful user interfaces.

I may have gone overboard in simplicity of design in the Presto Vivace web site. But I like a clean look.


bathurst australia web site design said...

bathurst website design

Nivedita said...

The biggest problem with using flash in website is that not all browsers are loaded with flash player.