Do you know where your email is?
Chris Abraham on Search Engine Marketing
Domain Name Strategy
- Register domains for multiple years
- Private registration of domain names
- Register all domain extentions (net, com, us, org, etc)
- Register many variations of the domain
- Register misspellings and mistakes
- Domain Forwarding and Masking
- Register domains that counter brand
Chris is more correct than he knows -
Greg Palast: I have Karl Rove's emails
Palast: I know because I have Karl Rove’s emails. No kidding. He and his team aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer. They sent copies of their plans to GeorgeWBush.ORG instead of GeorgeWBush.COM addresses — and, heh heh, they ended up in my in-box. Who says this job ain’t fun?
Has an investigative reporter registered some variation of your company's name? Are you a financial services firm? Is some con-artist receiving your customers misaddressed mail? Are you a security contractor? Is some really ugly customer receiving your company's communications?
This is a perfect example of why you need to hire someone with experience in new media strategies.